Here are the links to the booking pages for currently scheduled workshops in the How to Be an Outstanding Manager programme. Just click on the heading to be taken to the relevant booking page.
There are a limited number of free places on each workshop. Please take one if you need to. Otherwise each workshop is £25.00
Aimed at managers or aspiring managers from any type of organisation where improving performance matters. It will show you how managers can quickly improve.
The workshop will introduce participants to four practical management processes that are the hallmark of highly effective managers. These four processes will ensure that:
- Communication and engagement is significantly improved
- A sense of urgency is developed
- Under-performers are managed effectively
- High performers are recognised and retained
- Every team member is coached, every week, to improve performance
- Every team member is regularly given new tasks and assignments to help them and the business to develop
- Business strategies, plans and values are put into practice
- Will understand how mastery of 4 key management practices will unlock the key to being an exceptional manager.
And introduction to working with different personalities and using 121s and other meetings. 121s are weekly, structured, half hour meetings held with each of your team. They provide the bedrock for an effective trusting relationship that is essential for high performing teams and management excellence.
Managers who use One to Ones report that they actually save time – lots of time – and improve performance quickly and permanently.
I have worked with literally hundreds of managers and leaders over recent years and effective One to Ones were used by the very best of them.One to Ones are the single most effective tool that a manager has in the toolkit.
- Improve your relationship and communication with all members of your team
- Find time to coach every member of your team – every week – to improve their performance
- Save time on line management to invest in thinking more strategically and working on your own projects
- Shift the emphasis from fire-fighting to creating value
Feedback is the prime fuel for developing more effective behaviour, processes and systems. However too often we fail to give feedback for fear of causing conflict or offence. When we do give feedback it can feel like we are doing more more harm than good. You will learn simple straightforward techniques for giving feedback that will to lead to positive change and improved relationships. For excellent managers feedback is the most frequently used management tool. Learning to use it well is essential if you want to excel as a manager.
- Significantly increase the amount of feedback received by every member of the team – in a way that is constructive and fuels learning and performance improvement
- Encourage others to give you the feedback that you need to recognise what is working and what needs to be improved
- Give feedback in a way that is comfortable and straightforward – and unlikely to cause conflict or tension
- Use feedback as a powerful tool for service improvement
Too many managers avoid making coaching a day to day part of their management toolkit. They fear it will take too much time. Often they don’t feel that they know enough to be able to coach someone effectively.
In this workshop you will learn a simple process that works beautifully with One to Ones or as a stand alone process that will enable you to coach all of your team all of the time in order for them to improve their performance at work.
- Coach every member of your team to improve their performance
- Use a simple coaching process that is guaranteed to get results
- Use coaching to improve relationships, team work, learning and performance throughout the organisation
- Save yourself time to focus on other aspects of your work
Around 80% of employees believe that their boss routinely does work that could be done just as well – if not better – at their level.
7 out of 10 managers say that they would like to increase their use of delegation.
“People have asked me how I can take so much time off to go on adventures around the world. My answer is delegation.”Richard Branson – Screw It, Let’s Do It
Effective Delegation is a powerful management tool that helps you with time and priority management. It also provides you with the single most powerful way of accelerating the effective development of people that work to you and building the productivity of your team.
- Increase the capacity and effectiveness of your team in getting the important things done
- Make sure that you get time to do the important things as well as the urgent
- Provide relevant and work based development opportunities for all of your team members
- Increase the tempo of organisational improvement and personal development for you and your team
Do you complain about having too much work and working too many hours?
Do you feel guilty about not having got all of the work done – again?
Managing time effectively, or to be more accurate, scheduling your priorities effectively is the key to overcoming these challenges.
The brutal truth is that the vast majority of managers spend significant amounts of time on things that have little leverage on their key responsibilities.
The way that they spend time and the key priorities that they are paid to achieve are significantly out of step.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to become more effective at using your time – improving your efficiency and effectiveness
- How to identify and agree the key priorities in your job and keep these priorities at the top of your agenda
- How to establish a schedule that reflects your key priorities
- How to identify what your role really requires of you
- Classic time management mistakes and how to avoid them
- A simple, tried and tested model to significantly improve your time management
- How to carve out blocks of time – without interruption for the big stuff
- Create a sense of urgency in your team and increase the tempo at work