For over 15 years now I have run management development programmes. I am looking now to re-shape and re-package this into a programme of support that will help managers and leaders at all levels to think through and develop their management and leadership at a time when:
- Face to face is replaced by virtual
- Anxiety and fear is heightened
- The way forward is likely to emerge from the ‘bottom’ rather than the ‘top’
- Pressure is through the roof
- Hope is at a premium
- Our best hope is the miraculous powers of creativity and self organisation of our species
- We need to push on to a new more sustainable future – not go back to the old unsustainable business as usual
My management training has always been fiercely practical. This will be no different. We will cover – to start with – the key issues of human psychology and performance and how this demands us to change the way we manage and lead. Can we offer the hope that our colleagues deserve?
- setting the foundations – developing the structures and routines to support, manage and lead our colleagues – in this emerging world
- developing and maintaining great working relationships – really listening and responding
- providing a ‘secure base’ for colleagues
- giving and getting great feedback – and using it to learn and change
- being a brilliant coach – setting the routines to support people learning new ways of working
- maximum effective delegation – making sure that everyone is both challenged and supported to be at their creative, self-organising best
- time and priority management – making sure that we focus on the urgent and the important
What else would you like to see covered?
My plan is to produce some fairly detailed ‘maps’ of the territory and then to start to develop and publish content that explains the territory and offers advice and support on how to navigate it.
If you think that this would help you and your organisation to succeed in these times then please sign up so we can explore how we can use limited resources to create the ‘greatest good’. Excuse the GDPR compliant clunkiness… we will email you to just learn more about how we might help!
What does it cost?
I am committed to make this a Pay As You Can programme – with FREE being fine! I am hoping to find some organisations and individuals who will commission the development of the content and be prepared to share it with the wider world, a well as using it for their own purposes. And of course we will produce branded/tailored versions for in-house use should that be required.